Current areas of research
Current research projects at CFEH include:
- Using advanced imaging technologies in early detection and management of these eye diseases
- Developing new clinical tests and refining existing tests to improve early detection of eye disease
- Using pattern recognition to develop automated methods to assess clinical data
- Developing new referral pathways to create efficiencies in public health ophthalmology services
- Assessing the effectiveness of collaborative patient management paradigms
The researchers at CFEH have published their findings in international journals and presented at several prestigious international conferences, including The Association for Research and Vision in Ophthlamology (ARVO) meeting, the American Academy of Optometry (AAO) meeting and the Imaging and Perimetry Society (IPS) symposium.